Top safety tips for new homeowners in Bozeman
If you just bought your first home or you’re about to, congratulations! It’s a wonderful time for you and yours. You might be pondering the ways you might customize your property with furnishings, paint, and decor. But, before you go all-in on redecorating, make certain you consider home security as well. Keeping those you care about protected should always be a foremost priority, and we’ll help you do so with our safety tips for new homeowners in Bozeman.
Perform a safety audit of your new Bozeman property
Now that safety is top of mind, see what your new home has in terms of protection. To start, make certain you have working fire alarms. Inspect all of them and switch out batteries if required. Do you have CO detectors? Do you need a water sensor in the cellar? This is also a smart time to upgrade door locks and check all locking mechanisms on windows. Go through each room and scope out your property.
Smart security tips for your Bozeman home
Once you’ve completed your opening inspection of locks and safety alarms, you should look into enhancing your property’s defense. Get started with these security tips for your home in Bozeman.
- Install a modern home security system. One of the best tools for new homeowners in Bozeman is a home security system. Modern wireless advancements let you keep an eye on your residence even when you’re away. You can review live video footage, engage door locks, and even talk to people on your front steps right from your smartphone. You may personalize your defense with worthwhile security features such as video cameras and monitored fire alarms.
- Modernize your outdoor lighting. Exterior lights with motion detectors are an effective way to turn away prospective invaders. You may even use them in conjunction with outdoor cameras. The activating of a motion sensor can tell your outdoor camera to start recording.
- Keep your yard neat. Can you clearly see all of your property through your windows? Are there oversized bushes and trees blocking your view? Eliminate possible hiding spots for trespassers by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will appreciate it also.
- Meet people on your street. Speaking of your neighbors, get familiar with them. If you are friends with people around you, there’s a greater chance they’ll advise you if they detect suspicious activity. You might also connect to your area’s social media page if one is created.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for an innovative smart home, you can make it appear like you’re home by turning on smart lights at programmed moments. This is a nice option when you’re at work or on vacation.