How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Bozeman smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in full control of your Bozeman home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and explore recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Bozeman do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements with radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Review current or recorded footage from all integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Bozeman by programming schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in the home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Bozeman
Although many users can be set up when you first get your system, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, tap phone or email and enter the info to dispatch an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, go to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Bozeman security system. Call (406) 926-0255 to get started.